Bed Bugs! The word itself is enough to send shivers down the spine. For people who have experienced bed bug infestation, thinking of bed bugs again can give them several sleepless nights. They understand that they are challenging to eradicate without professional bed bugs control Australia company.
However, many people in Australia have heard about bed bugs but are unaware of them. Most home and business owners feel that bed bug infestation is a result of poor hygiene and upkeep; nevertheless, that is not the case.
The truth is that bed bugs can make their way into the house, regardless of how tidy, clean, or unclean your property is.
In this blog post, we will go over how bed bugs get into your items and your house? How to spot a bedbug problem? What should you do once you have identified your bedbug problem?
Most importantly, we will inform you when you can solve it on your own and when you need to hire a professional.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are reddish-brown tiny, flat wingless insects that are approximately one inch long and travel at a speed of 1 metre per minute. They hide during the day and come out at night to the fest. Further, they do not fly or jump, but they are excellent crawlers.
Despite their name, they do not just stay in bed all day long. They prefer to stay in all sorts of indoor objects, such as:
- Sheets and blankets
- Box springs and mattresses
- Bed frame and area around it
- Cluttered area and clothes piles
- Underneath peeled or cracked paint or wallpaper
- Beneath the outer edges of carpets
- Within the upholstered furniture seams
- Inside light switches and electrical outlets
- Cardboard boxes
- Suitcases or other luggage items
Signs of bedbugs
Are you unsure whether you have bed bugs or something else? Look for the following clear indicators of bedbugs:
- Red irritating spots all over the body
- Bite clusters or spots
- A few small blood spots on your bedding
- Faecal debris in tiny dark dots
Where do bed bugs come from in the first place?
So, how can bed bugs enter your house? Bed bugs are excellent hitchhikers, and cross-infestations are the leading source of bed bug infestations. It means that if you go somewhere where bed bugs are present, they can latch onto you and develop an infestation, and you may require professional bed bugs treatment in Australia.
If you travel a lot
If you travel often, you are more likely to carry bed bugs’ home. Bed bugs can be found in hotels and a variety of modes of transportation, including taxis and aeroplanes. When bed bugs attach to your clothing or luggage that you carry home, you risk spreading the infestation to others. As a result, one of the most common ways for bed bugs to enter your house is through regular travel.
If you go to the movies
A movie theatre with a full house has a lot of hot seats everywhere. If any bed bugs were hiding and breeding someplace, the warmth would have lured them to bite you. It is even possible that you bring one or two of them home with you, and they become stuck on your clothes.
If you want to relax on sofas
The sofas kept in lounge areas are the last location you would expect to find bed bugs. Right? Bed bugs prefer fabrics over cold metallic surfaces, and they even have their colour preferences. Dark red and black are preferred colours for bed bugs. It explains why fabric-covered sofas are bed bugs hotspots, and because these comfortable sofas are typically found in lounge areas, a relaxed environment would be the last thing on your mind if you were on the lookout for bed bugs.
If you visit a location that has already been contaminated
Someone in the residence may have come into contact with places that are already infested, either knowingly or accidentally, for bed bugs to appear in the first place. Visits to a friend’s residence and working in infested office premises, for example.
How to Avoid Bringing Unwanted Friends Home
Here are some pointers to ensure you do not bring any unwanted bedbug companion’s home:
- Keep your stuff off the hotel, motel, hostel, or shelter floors.
- In a room where you are staying for the first time, look for evidence of bedbugs on the mattress and furniture. If you discover anything, immediately notify the property owner.
- To keep bedbugs out, cover your mattresses, box springs, and furniture with plastic or hypoallergenic casing.
- Wear garments to bed that covers most of your skin.
- To prevent bedbugs in your sleeping quarters, use a pesticide-cured net, especially if you are travelling internationally.
- Before bringing in any used bedding or furniture from a friend, family, or thrift/antique store, thoroughly inspect it for symptoms of bedbugs.
- Remove any clutter that could attract bed bugs.
- Regular expert bed bugs control Australia service.
Bed Bugs are annoying, but there are a few things you can do to get rid of them.
To reduce your risk of exposure, try one or more preventative tips each day. Even if you already have an infestation, a few home remedies or a short professional bed bugs treatment in Australia can put an end to the annoyance.
To get rid of infestations that have gotten out of hand, Contact Pest Control Daddy, they use a combination of chemicals, insecticides, and steam or heat treatments.
If you live in a communal living space or an apartment complex, you may need to engage with your landlord or property owner to adequately handle the infestation throughout the complex.